BADGEO, the smart card!
Your BADGEO card contains all the personal information you have given us that determines your "profile" (for example: student, senior, schoolchild …).
When you make your purchase at a ticket machine, your BADGEO card will only offer you the tickets or season tickets corresponding to your profile.
If your profile changes, have your travel card updated in the CTS shop, bringing the necessary proof with you.
Take care of your card.
Your card contains an electronic system, which can be damaged if mistreated.
Load your season ticket onto your card yourself!
- At the ticket machines at tram stations, load onto your BADGEO card directly and without waiting the annual or monthly season ticket that corresponds to your profile.
Other points of sale also available:
- The CTS shops at Homme de Fer and the station
- Approved ticket sellers
- There is no risk of getting the wrong fare. Your card is automatically recognised by the ticket machine, which only offers you the tickets that correspond to your profile.
- In the CTS shop, you can load season tickets in advance for the following months (up to 4 months) and/or a book of tickets on top of your season ticket. This can be useful after your season ticket expires.
- If your profile changes during the year, have it updated in the CTS shops (on presentation of the card and the necessary proof).
- You can check the balance of your card at any time by placing it in the BADGEO slot in the ticket machine and following the instructions on the screen.
- If you opt for a direct debit, your card will automatically be reloaded each month without you having to worry about anything.
Validate your travel card each time you board! Including your connection
Remember to validate your card each time you board a bus or tram, even when you are taking a connection.
You can do this on the platform before boarding for the tram and inside buses.
To validate, place your card in front of the target of the ticket validator for a few moments.
A "beep" and a green light will confirm validation.
Be careful !
Failure to validate each time you board will make you liable to a fine.
- If there is no confirmation signal, place your card against the box again. If the problem persists, inform a CTS shop.
- Once your ticket is validated, it is no longer possible to validate it again on the same ticket validator for 5 minutes. If you validate again during this time, the ticket validator displays your profile and its expiry date.
- If you use tickets on your card, they are only debited on the first validation. Connection validations do not debit another ticket during the hour following the first validation.
The advantages of the BADGEO system
Like some ten other French cities, with the BADGEO ticketing system Strasbourg has chosen a modern system, that is upgradeable and capable of offering innovative services and advantages.
- More points of sale
The ticketing system allows you to buy your season ticket (including reduced fares) from the ticket machines at tram stations and at all sellers equipped with a terminal.
- The same system for all
With BADGEO, everything is clear: season tickets or tickets, everybody validates! And whatever their situation, all season ticket holders without exception have the same card.
- The fight against the fraud
Unlike the previous system, it is impossible to fake the smartcard or magnetic tickets without considerable means. Systematic validation by all when boarding also makes it possible to highlight cards declared lost or stolen.
- Security in case of loss or theft
In the case of loss or theft, immediately inform a CTS shop of the incident and they will block your card so that it can no longer be used. You will then be able to obtain a new card with all the same content as on the date of declaration.
- Automatic reloading
If you choose direct debit, your card will automatically be reloaded each month simply by passing in front of a ticket validator: no worries!
- Several tickets on the same card
Your card can be loaded with several products at the same time, season tickets or tickets. For example, when your monthly season ticket expires, you can use a reserve of tickets that you have loaded onto your card in advance.
With your card, if you choose the combined Interurban CTS network season ticket, you can move from one network to the other.
- A network adapted to real needs
The information collected by the BADGEO system on the journeys made on the buses and tram allows us to adapt the network to the inhabitants' needs. This strictly anonymous information is collected in accordance with the "DATA PROCESSING AND FREEDOM" law under the control of the CNIL.
Incident, loss and theft
- Operational incident
In the event of an incident involving the operation of your card, come and have it checked in one of the CTS shops.
- In case of loss or theft
If you have lost your card or if it has been stolen, inform the CTS shop immediately so that they can block the card.