With the Véloparc bike parks, be shrewd, combine the use of your bike with the tram and become ecomobile!
Bicycle Tram is a shrewd combination that allows you to cycle from home to a tram station, where you can park your bike securely, and complete your journey to your destination by tram. On the way back, pick up your bike and cycle home quietly home.
Since 29 August, the bike parks are now free for all holders of a Badgeo card. This allows you to open the bike parks 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
By the end of end September 2007, 13 bike parks are planned:
- Winston Churchill (tram C/E);
- Jean Jaurès (tram C/D);
- Schluthfeld and Krimmeri Stade de la Meinau (tram A/E);
- Kibitzenau (tram C);
- Neuhof Rodolphe Reuss (tram C);
- Neuhof Lorient (bus 14 and 27);
- Campus d'Illkirch (tram A);
- Rue de l'Etang [old name "Parquest"] (bus 66).
For the moment, the 4 oldest bike parks (Hoenheim Gare, Rives de l'Aar, Rotonde and Baggersee) are only accessible during the Park & Ride opening hours (7.00 – 20.00).
Other bike parks are planned: the list of the new sites will be published right here.